Monday, August 23, 2021

FIVE CARDS FROM ONE KIT


These five cards were all made from a piece of designer paper I bought at Scrapmania in Cedar Rapids.  It is such a pretty piece with soft colors and I had a hard time making myself actually start cutting it up.  All of these pieces came from a 6 x 6 piece that was cut from the 12 x 12 sheet.  That gave me 4 pieces that were 6 x 6 and my friends each got one.  The idea is to use a paper that is complimentary on both sides.  (Some 12 x 12 or 6 x 6 pieces don't work well that way.)

For the card above I stamped a design from the Stampin' Up! "Forever Fern" set. Without inking it again, I stamped it a second time for a bit of a shadow.


Sometimes when we are making cards together, we don't add a sentiment.  This is one I decided to leave blank until I'm ready to use it.


The leaves are another design from the Forever Fern stamp set and stamped twice without reinking.  There is still room at the bottom to add a sentiment when I want to use it.


I used the reverse side of the card stock for the smaller piece here.  It picks up the pretty tiny blue flowers in the paper.  With the leaves stamped off to the side, it would be a possibility that I could stamp a sentiment over the top with black ink.  I think that is what I will do when I decide to use the card.


This is the final of the five cards we made using this paper.  As you can see I have lots of room for a sentiment or maybe even a border stamp at the bottom.  I'll have to think on how I want to finish it off.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Such pretty, pretty cards, Vicki, and all ready for the sentiment when you're ready to use them! I love stamping sentiments over images.

Cheryl W said...

I can see why you were hesitant to cut into that paper. It's so pretty! You really used it well, though, getting 5 lovely cards ready for sentiments. I don't know if I've ever stamped a sentiment across an image--I need to give that a try!

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...