Tuesday, August 10, 2021

MONDAY AND TUESDAY CARDS

YESTERDAY'S CARD

I really slipped up and forgot to schedule the card I had reserved for August 9..........our youngest grandchild's birthday!  At least I know she got it on time.  Taryn turned 14 yesterday and is now eligible to get a driver's permit!!!!!  YIKES.........where have the years gone?

Lisa Curcio gave a video making a card very similar to this using the ice cream designer paper from the current Stampin' Up! catalog.  The video was probably a couple of months ago but I made this up at that time and put it aside for Taryn since she has a summer birthday.  I'm trying really hard to make different style of cards for the grandkids.  She called us last night and said she loved it.  Of course I think she also loved the check inside just as much if not more.  


Closed


First opening


All the way open

Taryn told us she had a really good time at the swimming pool with friends and then a trip to the "Dairy Barn" afterwards so I guess the ice cream cones on here were very fitting.

TODAY'S CARD


This is a very simple card using a Penny Black sticker that has been on my craft table way too long.  It was time to either get it on a card or toss it.  

Thank you for coming by today!  I'll try to get the rest of the cards scheduled to pop up for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE the card you made for your granddaughter. I think I might have to try making one of those myself. Cards are always more fun when they have an unexpected element, like this one does. Your card for today is very pretty, too. It feels good to use up those languishing stickers, doesn't it??

Lynette said...

Oh, what a cool card for Taryn! I can see why she loved it so much. Love the flowers on the Penny Black sticker, too.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...