Monday, August 23, 2021

CRUSHING ON CARD STOCK - Day 1


Today is the beginning of this fun card class.  Three different videos were presented and each had more than one idea for using up pieces of card stock.  This is the only one I have made so far.  To make it my own I used "rainbow colors" and used my own sentiment.

The colored strips are added with foam strips onto a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of white card stock.   I cut the white "birthday" three times and stacked them for dimension.  I haven't done that in a very long time.  The "Happy" was heat embossed onto the black card stock.  The entire piece was then added directly to the white card base.  (On the video they added the entire piece with foam strips.)

A  simpler version of this could be made by not using the foam strips on the smaller white piece.  The idea has lots of possibilities.  Not sure if I'll use all of the ideas I saw today but they were really fun!

Thank you for coming back for a second card today!

 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Sounds like a fun class. Your card looks great! I like those rainbow stripes, and you gave your card lots of dimension, so that's fun, too. This card would work well for either gender--another plus!

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...