Thursday, August 26, 2021

CRUSHING ON CARD STOCK - Day 4


Although I haven't made cards from the Day 2 and Day 3 classes, today was using stencils and I haven't pulled mine out in a very long time.  This was great incentive to do just that.  

The stencil I used for this project is "Dancing Sprigs" from "A Colorful Life Designs".  I started with  a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of light celery piece of card stock.  After I taped the stencil of the top, I used a blending brush to swirl Garden Green ink over the entire piece.   There was an area near the edge that had smudged when the stencil moved slightly so I trimmed it down to 3 3/4" x 5".  The stenciled piece was added to a 4" x 5 1/4" Garden Green mat.  The entire piece was added to the card base with foam squares.

When I stenciled the piece I had no idea what I was going to use it for but once the pieces were put together, I thought it had a rather calming feeling so I decided to add the sentiment, matted and added with foam dimensions.


This is another stenciled design I made this morning. When I did the inking through the stencil, I didn't realize that the paper I had under the green card stock was on a damp area on my table so the ink did bleed a little.  The bottom area was the worst, so I used another technique that I hadn't used in a long time.  I tore the piece diagonally.  I will add it to a celery card base but still have no idea what is going to go into the "blank" area.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?


I started with a ivory piece of card stock and stenciled the Taylored Expressions design with Crumb Cake ink.  Then I decided it would be fun to heat emboss it so I lined up the stencil again and added Versa Mark ink over the entire design and heat embossed with clear powder. Not sure how I will use the piece as yet.


 This is such a pretty stencil from Memory Box.  Since it is such a large design it fills the entire 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of card stock.  I will have to mat it and then use a larger card for the base.  I love the design, but it's my least favorite piece that I did today.

Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

These are all such pretty designs. I think the card with the torn piece of stenciled CS would make a nice sympathy card. Also, I really liked the large design in your last photo. I think it would be pretty if heat embossed with gold EP and then a few red or white "berries" added with enamel dots or Nuvo Drops.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN CATS

Our oldest granddaughter has turned out to be quite the world traveler.  Right now she is in Italy with a tour group.  When the tour has con...