Thursday, August 26, 2021

CRUSHING ON CARD STOCK - Day 4


Although I haven't made cards from the Day 2 and Day 3 classes, today was using stencils and I haven't pulled mine out in a very long time.  This was great incentive to do just that.  

The stencil I used for this project is "Dancing Sprigs" from "A Colorful Life Designs".  I started with  a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of light celery piece of card stock.  After I taped the stencil of the top, I used a blending brush to swirl Garden Green ink over the entire piece.   There was an area near the edge that had smudged when the stencil moved slightly so I trimmed it down to 3 3/4" x 5".  The stenciled piece was added to a 4" x 5 1/4" Garden Green mat.  The entire piece was added to the card base with foam squares.

When I stenciled the piece I had no idea what I was going to use it for but once the pieces were put together, I thought it had a rather calming feeling so I decided to add the sentiment, matted and added with foam dimensions.


This is another stenciled design I made this morning. When I did the inking through the stencil, I didn't realize that the paper I had under the green card stock was on a damp area on my table so the ink did bleed a little.  The bottom area was the worst, so I used another technique that I hadn't used in a long time.  I tore the piece diagonally.  I will add it to a celery card base but still have no idea what is going to go into the "blank" area.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?


I started with a ivory piece of card stock and stenciled the Taylored Expressions design with Crumb Cake ink.  Then I decided it would be fun to heat emboss it so I lined up the stencil again and added Versa Mark ink over the entire design and heat embossed with clear powder. Not sure how I will use the piece as yet.


 This is such a pretty stencil from Memory Box.  Since it is such a large design it fills the entire 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of card stock.  I will have to mat it and then use a larger card for the base.  I love the design, but it's my least favorite piece that I did today.

Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

These are all such pretty designs. I think the card with the torn piece of stenciled CS would make a nice sympathy card. Also, I really liked the large design in your last photo. I think it would be pretty if heat embossed with gold EP and then a few red or white "berries" added with enamel dots or Nuvo Drops.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...