Friday, August 27, 2021

HAND-PENNED DESIGNER PAPER


Today's card turned into an unplanned "fancy fold" of my own "design".   The card base is SU Seaside Spray.  I added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of the Hand-Penned dsp.  A white piece of card stock was cut with one of my dies and then sponged lightly around the edges with the Seaside Spray ink.  the die cut is from the Hand-Penned bundle.  The rest of the story is below.............


It was my intention to just place a white 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white card stock on the inside.  I usually keep a supply of pieces that size ready available to grab so I pulled one out. After I adhered it, I discovered that it was actually 2 pieces and they were attached at the top.  So I made the most of it.  I stamped the design on the front of it with the cute little butterfly and then stamped my sentiment on the inside of the unplanned fun fold.  

It turned out to be a great save and my friends really liked the card because I had the kits made up to do the same thing.

Thank you for stopping by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

A very "happy accident" Vicki! Very clever. And such a pretty card!

Cheryl W said...

Definitely a great save. I think it's a super idea for a fun fold. It would be perfect for when you have a two-part sentiment that you want to use on the inside. One could go on the top part of the insert, and the other could go inside it.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...