Thursday, March 23, 2023

FLOWERING FIELDS DSP


A couple of weeks ago I took part in one of Sharon Armstrong's "Mystery Monday Stamping".  On Sunday the day before the challenge she had emailed all of the supplies needed plus the measurements.  On Monday night we were given one clue at a time as to how the card was to be assembled.

Her initial instructions said the "designer series paper your card will be landscape".  Naturally I assumed the designer series paper was to be cut the way I did on the first card.  There was a miscommunication, I think in the directions because as the clues progressed it was obvious that my paper was not cut the way it was intended.  I'm not crazy about my first attempt. 

Once I saw Sharon's card at the end of the live video, I immediately cut more of the same pieces in the direction that was intended.  Yes, the card is now horizontal but the dsp since it had a designated direction should have been cut vertically.  I like this layout and will likely make more Easter cards using it.  


I think in the future when I do one of these MMS challenges, I will choose non directional dsp.  That will hopefully eliminate misunderstanding directions.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Either way it's a great card, Vicki! Such pretty colors.

Cheryl W said...

I can see why it was confusing as to how to cut your dsp. Both cards are nice, but I agree that the second one is a more pleasing layout.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...