Monday, March 6, 2023

MODIFIED SLIM LINE CARDS


I'm not sure if there are "standard" measurements for slim line cards, but I know these are shorter than one I made several months ago.  I think the measurements for the card bases on these are 7" x 6 1/2", scored at 3 1/2".  These two cards were made from one sheet of the 6 x 6 dsp by cutting it down the middle from top to bottom.  (Later you will see two cards made from a sheet cutting from side to side.)  


This is the card made from the right side of the paper.


And here you can see the two cards side-by-side and how the pattern continues from one card to the second.  I don't know about you, but I love the scenes you can create with this beautiful paper!  I will probably make envelopes for these two cards.  To put them in a standard #10 envelope just wouldn't look as nice.

Thank you for coming by today!
 

2 comments:

Wanda said...

So very pretty. I have not made a card to fit a #10 business envelope in years!! I may have to give this a try sometime soon! TFS

Cheryl W said...

I think these might qualify as mini-slimlines, which is a size I really like. The scenes you've created with the paper are just beautiful! When it comes to envelopes for slimlines, I usually cut down an existing envelope so that it fits. I keep any and all plain envelopes I get, so I have quite a collection to choose from.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...