Wednesday, March 1, 2023

MY MARCH CHALLENGE TO MYSELF

Recently I saw someone on a Facebook group mention that she was going to spend the month of March using up retired Stampin' Up! papers.  What a great idea!  I have new papers I wanting to use too, but this month is going to be dedicated to posting cards using retired dsp. I may throw in an extra card or two here and there with some of the new ones I have.  Here are the first two using Flowering Fields.  


Spring is just around the corner (thank goodness) and I am really anxious to see flowers again.  This designer series paper is perfect invite spring into our area.  My sister has a birthday coming up and so I am making cards to send her as a surprise.  I have a feeling she is one who sends Thank You cards for various reasons so I am making sure to include several of them.  (See card #2 below)


I used to have a reputation for sending cards late.  I still do now and then, but this is a fun stamp to use for those that I know are going to arrive after the birthday.  I found the layout for this one on Pinterest and used a different label and sentiment.

Is anyone else out there up for the challenge of using retired papers for the month of March?

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

You have such pretty papers, it seems like it would be a very fun thing to use them up! How nice of you to send cards to your sister. I'm sure she will love them!

Cheryl W said...

These are such pretty cards and a great use of your retired DSP. All the Stampin' Up papers I have are retired (they were given to me long ago), and I'm doing my best to use them up. I still have literally hundreds of 12 X 12 sheets, however, so it's going to take me awhile. LOL

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...