Tuesday, March 7, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER!


I joined a group on Facebook that makes cards using quilt patterns.  I'd never heard of a "Temperature Quilt" made with fabric let alone a "Temperature Quilt CARD"!  There is a "thermometer" which breaks down the colors to use for specific brackets of temperatures.  Then you cut the pieces from a piece of colored card stock which matches that temperature for Days 1-9.  After the pieces were finished but before adding it to the card base, I ran it through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder to give it a more "quilted" look.   The sentiment was added to the card base with dimensionals to provide a "stopper" for the easel card.

I may give this card idea another try as temperatures are changing a little more toward Spring.  However, I saw one of the crafters mount her square onto a card base using the "book binder" layout.  I like that one much better.

This card was actually made in February, but I think it still fits into the March challenge of using retired papers.

My sister quilts so I thought it would be fun to send her a second card I made which has a Happy Birthday sentiment instead of "Thinking of You".

If you'd like more information how to do this, email me and I will be happy to share what I have.  Now back to "New Horizon" dsp through Sunday.

 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh my!! How beautiful. Your sister is going to love this. There's a lot of pieces and love that went into making this card!!

Lynette said...

So cool. I like that you embossed it before adding it to the card base. I'm sure your sister will love hers.

Cheryl W said...

Very creative! I think your sister will love it. I have a quilt die that I use from time to time. It's perfect for a bookbinding style card, too.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...