Thursday, March 9, 2023

NEW HORIZONS - 4 CARDS

The first two cards are what I intended to have on my blog yesterday but I slipped up.  These two cards were made from one 6 x 6 sheet and were cut horizontally.  


I simply added some birds and stamped some grass along the bottom of the dsp.  All I had to do then was mat it and add it to the white card base.


This half of the sheet had an area that made me think of a puddle of water so I pulled out one of my deer die.  The die is from a Penny Black collection.


This card and the last one are also cut from one 6 x 6 sheet.  This one measures 3 3/4 x 5 so there was a little waste off the length but not much.  Once again this piece had an area that made me think of water so I die cut the same deer but flipped it for the opposite direction.  The trees and birds were stamped.  I love the "sky" area of this piece.


The final card was the piece off of the side after cutting the 3 3/4" wide for the card above and a small piece cut away from the bottom.  I just stamped the birds and trees.  It didn't need anything else.  The scene was so calming that I thought the sentiment I chose was a perfect fit.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

You used that pretty paper perfectly, Vicki! Very lovely cards.

Cheryl W said...

I love all the peaceful scenes you've created with this lovely paper. Altogether, they make a beautiful set of cards.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...