Saturday, March 25, 2023

PAINTED BLOOMS DSP


Some time ago, I ran across a video by Dena Rekow (The Creativity Cave).  When I discovered that she is from Iowa like I am, I began watching a lot of her videos. She has some really fun ideas.  

This card was made after watching one of Dena's videos.  She put out a challenge for everyone watching to make one too.  The base is a 4 1/4" x 5" piece of card stock.  This card does not stand up on it's own.  The dsp is a 12" x 5 1/4" piece that is scored at 4" and 8".  A diagonal cut is made across two of the panels and then folded back and forth.  

Dena's card was made like this forming two pockets with decorated pieces to insert in each pocket.  I did see some who took the challenge and only made the front pocket and let the card then open.  (Later I may made another and will post so you can see how that looks.)

If you are interested in the full directions for making a similar card, you can see Dena's video HERE.  Her videos usually include three different cards to make.


Thank you for coming by today!

 

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Interesting and fun, Vicki! Pretty colors.

Wanda said...

Very pretty. I love the pocket card. I didn't notice it right away in the first photo. I was loving all the layers and then in the second photo I saw it was a pocket card!! Bonus!! Love it!

Cheryl W said...

I watched the video and I thought it was a fun and quick way to make a pocket card. Yours is very pretty. I think I'll give one a try, maybe for an Easter card.

Glittered Paws said...

Love pocket cards - especially one with extra goodies in the pockets. I am heading over to watch the video on how to do this. Sunday afternoon ball game will keep the mister busy while I craft.

Three cards from one sheet of 6 x 6 dsp. Rachel Tessman had a video using the new Thoughtful Journey 6 x 6 dsp.  I hadn't received mine ...