Friday, March 17, 2023

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I don't usually make cards for St. Patrick's Day.  When I visited with the Activity Director at the place where my mother lived for 9 years, she asked if I ever did those for Ridgeview.  I don't think I ever did, but since my sister is married to an Irishman, I decided to make one for them plus 29 more for the Seniors who live at Ridgeview.  A couple of weeks ago I had nothing pushing me, so I made all of them March 3 with ample time to get them delivered.

The challenge was that I no longer had any appropriate stamps or sentiments!  When I was on Pinterest, I saw who someone took an SU flower punch with 5 petals and turned it into a Shamrock.  Most pictures of Shamrocks have just 3 but I did see one that had 4.  Mine didn't turn out looking like a 4-Leaf Clover by doing it with that punch.  One problem solved.  

I had no holiday dsp to use but fortunately found just exactly the amount of dsp I needed for the card I made.  I used 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" strips from papers with several designs that were in the 6" x 6" packages of designer series papers.  (And this met my personal March challenge of using retired dsp!)

After cutting all of the square mats for the Shamrocks, I had 1" strips that I used under a sentiment that I did on the computer and printed out.  So here are the big reveals..............







If you celebrate St. Patrick's Day even if you aren't Irish, have fun!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Just TOO cute!!

Cheryl W said...

What a kind and thoughtful think to do. I'm sure the residents of the care home really enjoyed these. Some of them may have never received a St. Patrick's Day card before.

This is another card I made following the video from Owl Star Stampers that I referred to on my May 1st post.  For this one the only pieces ...