Wednesday, March 22, 2023

JUST A NOTE


It isn't necessary to have an elaborate layout with lots of different folds etc.  These two cards are a way to feature a piece of dsp.  For the first one I added a 4" x 5 1/4" white layer that had been embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.  I love how it gives such a simple background for the matted dsp.


For this one I simply matted a horizontal piece of the dsp that was left over from another project and added it to a white card base.  I stamped the sentiment and then decided that there was still something missing.  I had a mini dragonfly stamp that I think was included as a free gift from something I ordered a long time ago.  I don't think I had ever used it.  I stamped it three times and then considered the card to be finished.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

I love them both. The soft subtle colors are very calming

Lynette said...

Such a cute little dragonfly, and that paper is so beautiful. I love the simplicity of these cards.

Cheryl W said...

That pretty dsp is definitely the star of your cards. I like your addition of the little stamped dragonflies. I think they were just the right extra touch.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...