Monday, March 13, 2023

STAMPIN' UP! - Sand and Sea dsp


The first card was made using the "book binder" layout.  The paper is such a pretty color of pink and I debated about putting a sentiment on the front but left it blank.  What do you think?


The card base is Balmy Blue.  I added a 2" piece of the Sand and Sea dsp to the left side of the card front.  I embossed a 2" piece of white card stock with the coordinating embossing folder and added it to the right hand portion of the card front.  The blue seashell was fussy cut fro another sheet of the dsp.


Very much like the card above.  Since I had embossed a 4" x 5 1/4" piece with the embossing folder and cut it in half, I just used the second piece here.  I used three fussy cut shells on this card.  
 
My sister lives in Florida close to the gulf so I sent some of these cards with others to her for her birthday.  Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I really like the book binder layout and need to remember to use it. You have such pretty papers and are making so many great cards with them!

Cheryl W said...

I think a strip sentiment on the bookbinder card would work nicely. I like to use that layout for thank you cards that get sold at the thrift store. I find that people don't want to write a long-winded thankyou note, so these cards provide just the right amount of space on the inside. The soft colors of this paper are so pretty. I like the fussy-cut shells, too. I've used a shell them on birthday cards with the sentiments, "Let's shell-abrate you!" and "Seas the Day!"

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...